Sunday, July 18, 2010

___sidebar.

I will be going in a new direction with my blog. Instead of composing ways to spot sluts or giving advice on how to get yourself killed via lawnmower, I've decided to dedicate my blog to the less fortunate. So from here on out, no more dick jokes or ways to disappoint your parents. I will be detailing my life as a member of a local church group traveling throughout the world to destinations no one vacations at, sharing my experiences with others and...

Just Kidding.

I am, however, thinking about changing the style of my blog posts. For the last few years, the majority of my blogs were laid out the same way: 1) Introduction, 2) 6-8 highlighted topics that had to do with the overall subject of the blog, and 3) Conclusion that wraps everything up with a couple misogynistic or ethnic jokes.

Now, I enjoy writing these types of blogs because there is an almost never ending supply of subjects that I can write "how to" style blogs about. I will continue writing these types of blogs no matter what because its my niche and people seem to enjoy them.

But, I'm going to start experimenting with a more narrative form. I've done it a couple times with posts like: this, this, this, this, and this. I prefer this style, since it gives me more room to be ridiculous and not have to stay in a predetermined structure. I can also write about real life experiences that I mix with lies, exaggerations and dinosaurs. I feel that my blogs will become more organic and (hopefully) funnier. Maybe even a little bit poignant.

Probably not.

These new posts will most likely be 90% made up, although some of them will be based on actual events or people who will remain unnamed in order to protect the innocent.

I want to know your opinion on this, so vote on the new poll I put up. Or be a dick and don't.

Paddy.

1 comment:

Raf said...

Raf approves.

Doooo eeet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...